Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Candid pictures


Candid pictures speak a lot. One can weave a complete story around a candid picture.
This little girl was showing off her skills on how to make her little sister laugh, and when she realized that she had a large appreciative audience, she was making sure that all eyes were on her before her next act.

Or these group of young people discussing the daily affair. Each one has a different expression, but it’s a common meeting ground for them I suppose.   

For these musicians it must be a daily routine, performing in front of the passing crowd. Some do contribute out of pity, while some out of genuine appreciation of the music. I noticed that the guy on the trumpet was really enjoying the music.

And here was a girl patiently waiting for mother to get the hang of the camera and click them while her dad was doing the balancing act so that the complete Louvre Pyramid would be in the frame.

Group photos are fun, and time consuming, but just hang around on the side lines and click them in between shots. That is the time when they are more relaxed and natural, till the official photographer calls out for the next shot. I clicked this when the whole family had gathered to celebrate grandmother’s 90 th Birthday.

 (she is the only one who was looking at my camera) She is one enterprising lady and you can read more about her and her achievements here.   
One can gauge the anticipation of this gentleman as he prepares his bait before he goes in for that swing with his long fishing rod.


I wonder if this falls under candid pictures as wifey caught me wearing a ladies hat.


She says I kinda look "cute" in this.
By the way today's post with C is Candid pictures and not "Cute"

28 comments:

Judy said...

Great pictures! And I agree, candid pictures tell so much more about a person or a situation - can't wait to see more!

Marina@Picnic at Marina said...

Candid picture are my absolute favorites as they tell the story more that any words can do. Perfect post!

Suze said...

The image of the women in your family is wonderful!

Sandra Tyler said...

stories can be drummed up anywhere, that is life!

Li said...

But "C" should be for cute :-)) It's nice to see a man with enough self-confidence to wear a lady's hat!

Heather Murphy said...

Great pics! There are many stories to be told in those

Leslie S. Rose said...

I'm piggybacking off of Heather. I'm in the wonky wifi zone. Love the pix. I keep files of candids for possible story starters.

Juli said...

I love the "c"andid pictures idea. I must say, it's quite original. :)

Susan Oloier said...

Candid pictures are wonderful. The one of your grandmother's 90th is priceless. I love that she's looking at the camera, too.

judysnwnotes said...

I laughed and enjoyed the very candid series of photos -- candid shots are my favorites and all the photos of my family that I most love are the candid ones.

You DO look cute in the hat!

Happy blogging

Rachel Frost said...

I love candid photos. I like to take pictures of strangers when I'm at the park... is that weird?

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

Beautiful photos.

Jessica L. Celaya said...

The pictures are awesome and have such great stories behind them. Thanks for posting.

Bish Denham said...

Love the photo of your grandmother. She knows where to look!

Faith said...

Haha, I love how you clarified "candid" and not "cute"! I read your post 'Lata's Mummy', and I must say, she definitely deserves her birthday celebration! I hope I'm as energetic and willing to learn new things and travel when I'm in my 80s!

Faith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SueH said...

Some of my favourite snaps of the kids when they were growing up are the ones taken in off-guarded moments!

Wedding photos are one exception where I like the traditional poses - when you look back years later it's nice to see all the family members on their best behaviour!

BTW - thanks for stopping by my blog earlier in the week - I really meant to respond sooner!!

SueH I refuse to go quietly!

anthony stemke said...

A great post, I enjoyed the pictures and the narrative.

Rhonda Parrish said...

LOL I think the last photo was my favourite, and there's nothing wrong with being 'cute' even for a man :)

Haddock said...

Thanks for that Rhonda (you think I am cute?)

Haddock said...

Thanks Anthony

Haddock said...

Oh yes Faith, she is one enthusiastic person. Had been to her place yesterday and she was busy knitting a sweater to be delivered in winter.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

the last is really cute!
:)

Haddock said...

Thanks Judy. More pics coming :-)

Haddock said...

Yes Marina, its good material for story telling

Haddock said...

Thanks Suze.

Haddock said...

Very true Sandra

Haddock said...

Maybe I should try out all the hats Li :-)