Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dancing


I recently read that the Tunisian choreographer Radhouane El Meddeb likes to cook while he dances and vice versa. 
I am trying to imagine that situation. Wonder how he could manage both.


Dancing they say is an expression of the mind.
I never miss a chance to click pictures when people are dancing and one out of ten turn out to be a good shot.

It can be of small kids trying to do what the adults do

Or of couples having a good time


Or of those in a group dance

The bride may be having a good time with her friends

 Or it could be her first dance with the father-in-law


If you go in for the low angle then foot work is something that can be of interest while dancing (especially if its a wooden floor)

A small gathering in the family at home is an excuse for the kids to freak out
Here is one at the mehendi ceremony (during the engagement)

The gentle breeze from the river is good enough reason for all to shake a leg in a house boat
Like I said, dancing is an expression of the state of your mind.
What do you say?

15 comments:

A said...

Great great great photos!

Miranda Hardy said...

Sounds like great expression, if you ask me.

Super Happy Jen said...

I like to turn on music in the middle of the afternoon and dance with my three-year-old daughter.

anthony stemke said...

I agree completely.

Sylvia Ney said...

I love the colors and prints on the girls clothes - beautiful! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

gail said...

As long as it is in good taste, dancing is delightful!

Robyn Campbell said...

I love to dance outside in the rain or anywhere for that matter. *waving*

Connie said...

Great photos, Joe! I like seeing the expressions on all the faces. They all look pretty happy to me. :)

Bish Denham said...

I like it when older people dance, and kids act amazed. That might not be such a deal in India, (it isn't in the Caribbean) but in the U.S., to be older and shake a leg to "modern" music can often times raise the eyebrows of the young. I love to dance.

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, happy people, all that dancing---I like D for dancing :)

Look forward to your challenge run…
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I don't do dancing. Wonder what that says about the state of my mind LOL.

Nice to meet you and hope you're enjoying the Challenge!

KarenG
A to Z Challenge Host

Anonymous said...

What a great post! These pictures all show people who are having a great time, and for me that's what dancing is all about - letting your hair down and having fun!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

lovely pictures .. looks like lot of fun..
dance is an art of expression and yes it makes it all..
when there is dance its the enthusiasm that makes a difference and the dance floor moves with people!
cheers on that.. enjoy!

Jyllian said...

What wonderful pictures! I'm glad AtoZ sent me here and thank you for coming by my blog.

Jeannette said...

It is a language all its own...