Friday, June 1, 2012

4 employees to 220 employees


I read a review of a hotel and it went like this:
We all need a reason to wake up in the morning and Financier-patisserie is mine.
I was surprised to find that the Yelp site had 173 reviews on the Financier-patisserie eating place.

We are talking about Mr Bedoucha who made this happen.
It takes a lot of courage to resettle in a different country especially when one takes up a new job, with no idea about who or how the clientele is going to be. But that is exactly what Mr  Eric Bedoucha did. A pastry chef, he shifted from France to New York and created Financier Patisserie, a famous and successful French pastry company in New York city.
Now for the last 30 years he is in the United States. In his own words “but during the first twenty years I did not feel like I had truly settled here. It took me a good 20 years to understand Americans and to make them trust me, because they are very open and very friendly, but to gain their confidence, it takes time. However once you have gained it, then it’s good for life”
 His greatest challenge was to guess what the . . . . .  read on

7 comments:

Connie said...

Those pastries looked magnificent. Sounds like he has quite a success story.

walk2write said...

Now that I'm a new business owner, I'm learning that very thing of gaining customer confidence. It's a tricky thing because you can't assume that everyone will respond in the same way to your efforts. Some people are just plain difficult to please no matter how hard you try, and you have to let rejection slide off like water off a duck's back.

Jax said...

Oh, I'm going to have to check him out. Great article!

Marie said...

Really nice and inspiring story! Have a great weekend!

Nas said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing!

Bikram said...

I guess starting new is always hard . but good ..
4 employess 220 employesss just shows the scale of success ..

Thanks for sharing
Bikram's

Jess said...

I love places that insist on quality :)